Tired of the usual wine or beer with your cheese and bickies?
Check out the “snackable” videos and recipes below for quick and easy cocktails and snacks to liven up your Sunday session (or friday…or Saturday…or both!). Find below a quick videos plus the recipe. Enjoy!
Easy Vegemite Scrolls
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Shredded cheese (parmesan or Tasty work best)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- Spread a thin layer of Vegemite over the entire pastry.
- Sprinkle to your liking the cheese across the whole pastry.
- Roll the pastry to create a giant scroll. Slice into 1 inch mini scrolls.
- Place on a cookie sheet, bake for 10-15 until the cheese is bubbly.
Pineapple Daiquiri for 4
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup white rum
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Sugar syrup to taste
- Pour all ingredients in a pitcher or large measuring cup
- Mix well. Add ice if leaving in the pitcher
- Pour in iced glasses
Super Easy Spinach Balls
- 2 pkgs frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 2 cups bread stuffing or croutons
- 1/4 cup (110g) butter, melted
- small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Scoop and drop spinach balls on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Serve warm
Easy Strawberry Mojito
- 1 ounce (20ml) lime juice, or squeeze half a lime and drop wedges into glass
- 2 strawberries, halved
- 3/4 ounce (15ml) simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounce (30ml) white rum…or 3 ounces if you like your cocktails strong
- Soda water
- Add everything but the rum and soda water to a highball glass. Muddle until the strawberries are nice and squished.
- Add some ice to the glass, and then your rum.
- Top with soda water.